Gluten Free Fall Dinner Recipe
- 2 kabocha squash
- 11/2 cup of cooked quinoa (mixed with 2 tbsp ground flax seeds, 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt)
- 6-8 parsnips, washed, peeled and diced
- 4 oz bella mushrooms, diced
- 8-10 scallion stalks, washed and chopped
- 8 oz organic nitrate free turkey bacon (cooked and pulled apart into small pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fried sage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Prep: prepare quinoa, fry bacon (in olive oil), wash, peel and cut veggies
- Preheat oven to 400. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash squashes and cut the tops off. Spoon out seeds. Mix 1 tbsp olive oil with 1 tbsp maple syrup, and brush insides of squash.
- Place squashes face-down onto parchment paper and bake 30-40 minutes.
- Boil water in medium sauce pan and add diced parsnips. Boil for 10 minutes on medium-high heat. Strain and let cool. Set aside.
- Heat 12 inch skillet on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add in garlic, thyme, sage, and 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt. Continue to saute for 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flaxed and salted cooked quinoa, bacon pieces, parsnips and mushroom mixture. Add 1/4 tsp sea salt and scallions, and mix together.
- Take squashes out of the oven and carefully flip over, placing on dinner plates (be careful of runoff from maple syrup/olive oil. Blot with paper towel as needed). Sprinkle a dash of celtic sea salt over each squash and let cool 3-4 minutes. Squash should be very soft, with the ability to easily pass a fork through it and pull apart insides.
- Spoon stuffing into squashes and enjoy.